Wednesday, January 29, 2014

40 Days Juice Fasting- Day 4


I feel great today! I guess the body has gotten used to the starvation  Body is in control but mind does wander at the thought of food.



I quit green tea from toda. Green Tea contains Caffeine too. And as a part of the diet I need to eliminate stimulants like caffeine completely from my diet. It’s going to be a tough one. L So it was a challenge to find a replacement for my fluid intake. But as usual, I found a way!

AVOCADO
Close to my work place I found a juice shop selling all kinds of juice! Moreover, you can mix and match with a variety of fruits and veggies! I chose to drink Avocado juice (without sugar and ice) and Soursop juice. Both these juices are healthy and just a great way to provide nutrition to my now starving body. 

On a normal day my calorie intake exceeds 1800 cal. (which is way too high) Now with the juicing, it might be around max 300cal per day. So that leaves my body to use up all the stored fat to function. I definitely feel lighter and clothes fit looser. I lose weight very slowly. So I don't expect a huge difference in weight loss. And to stay motivated, I intend to stay away from the weighing scale until the last day, the most awaited 40th day!
SOURSOP

I also bought my fresh supplies of juicing ingredients! Beetroot, Zucchini, Lime, Aloevera, Carrots, Basil. I always mix and match and don't follow any recipe. I go by the gut. I buy all the green veggies, fruits which are rich in iron content, vitamins and nutrients that my body would require during starvation.

When the body is deprived of food, it responds by making radical changes. It purifies the body of toxins, rejuvenates the tissues, cleanses the aura. To me fasting is a process of self-discovery and a doorway to self-transformation.

It sharply outlines the limitations of our own self-control, and demonstrates to us the degree to which we are slaves to our own appetites and unconscious. I have entered a profoundly altered state of consciousness.

Fasting deepened my appreciation of food as a privilege, a pleasure, and a gift. When I crave for food, I think of the  homeless, the beggars and the little hungry children in under-developed countries. I feel their pain and hunger. I can relate to them. I feel my mouth watering when I am walking on the streets and look inside those high end restaurants serving delicious, exquisite food. I now know what those hungry homeless people feel. I appreciate food. I feel lucky and fortunate. 

One things for sure, fasting definitely alters the spirits.

2 comments:

  1. Please write an book and will definetly sponcer. Health Tips by Anjali Rao. I bet you it is going to sell like hot cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! After a couple of years I shall!

    ReplyDelete