Tuesday, January 28, 2014

40 Days Juice Fasting- Day 3

Our bodies were designed to go sustained periods without food. And scientifically speaking, 40 days is what a body can endure without food. And I am on that quest to just live on Juices for the next 37 days. 

I am on my third day of Juice Fasting. I have had a few cups of green tea and Barley water at work. After work I intend to juice my green veggies and sprouts to retain my nutrients and energy. Today’s plan is also to have lemon juice with a pinch of salt to eliminate whatever remaining waste material from the body. Sometime during the weekend I plan to do the enema to make sure all the waste is eliminated which otherwise might get soaked in by the intestines and hence making sure the toxins don’t remain in the body.

There are pros and cons during Juice Fasting, of course. You need to invest in a good juicer, abundant supply of green veggies, fruits etc. This also means investing in lot of time and patience to continue juicing and fasting. After all nothing comes easy! The way to motivate yourself is by picturing yourself in that little black outfit hidden in your closet that does not fit you anymore! All the other benefits will come attached to it!

Physical Changes:
  • The digestive system during fasting shuts down. Every piece of machinery needs a vacation and rest after constantly being used. The digestive system needs it too, to function better.
  • I have developed an acute sense of smell. I can smell not just food but anything that lingers around me!
  • During the day I did endure a slight head ache, a clear symptom of the detox working.
  • People usually develop pimples, break outs on their face as a result of body purging. I haven’t experienced it yet. ( Nor did I the last time I fasted)
  • I feel a glow in my face. ( could be the placebo effect, but I prefer to give credit to the juice fasting)
  • No weight loss on scale, yet clothes feel looser than before. ( the placebo effect again?)
Mental Status:
  • The body got used to starvation today. The mind, however, was more attached to the thought of food than the body was. 
  • Fasting helped me keep a balanced mind today. The mind was more relaxed.
  • I felt I was calmer, could avoid distractions and could refrain from the urge to binge.
  • I even slept early last night after the Ginger Detox bath. (Not because I was tired or lacked energy, but because I felt at peace.)
  • As the body burns through the toxins and contaminants, I begin to feel like a new person.
  • Increased will power.
Spiritual Changes:
Jesus reportedly fasted for 40 days. Fasting is a way to achieve spiritual experience in addition to being healthy. I haven’t been meditating or even practicing Yoga due to the tight schedules. But I do see a few changes occurring. Hunger can be slightly bothersome during the first day or two of a fast.  Then changes in the body and emotional or spiritual state start to become more obvious

Juice Fasting – My pursuit to Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment