Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Subway Diet


2010 has indeed proven to be GLUTTONOUS. I indulged ......... in food....

Being a vegetarian can be a curse in a place like Singapore. Singapore being multi-cultural has various varieties of cuisine to offer... Be it Chinese (NOT Indo-Chinese) Korean, Thai, indonesian, Malaysian or Japanese. This place is filled with food courts on every street, generally called the  'Hawkers centre' or 'the market place'. The names of food I can never pronounce nor remember. Such is the variety ! Being a vegetarian I certainly missed out on knowing what it is to hold chop-sticks!!

Yet without being disheartened I decided that I will indulge. Vegetarian food is available in other cuisines as well isn't it? So along with a collegue of mine( who introduced me to 'the real food' ..Thanks Reema) I started off my adventure towards gluttony. I am over-weight by 3 kgs now in just 2 months but hey! No regrets :) I tried the Thai food first time ever in my life (all they have is a pineapple fried rice, and a jasmine rice with (red /green veg curry) but I certainly enjoyed it. I also tried some Indonesian vegetarian dishes , can't remember the names also authentic Chinese and varieties of fast food.(cheese cheese and more cheese........)

 Its all about trying new things ,once am satiated then I want things to go back to normal.  I want to come back to healthy way of living now. Eating healthy and shedding those extra pounds..The only exercise I get is the half hour swim every night which I have been missing frequently due to rain..So my new diet plan you ask?? SUBWAY!

 Ever heard of Jared Fogle?? He's famous as 'the subway guy'. Apparently this guy was overweight during his college days. 'Obese' is the right word . He started on a subway diet and lost 245 pounds!  That was almost a decade ago! And that changed his life! He got famous and so did Subway as they publicised on this and subway became a household name . After that several people have claimed that the subway diet indeed worked!
The Subway Guy-Jared Fogle
Before & After

Seeing is believing... So I will try it myself and let you know.. :) Of course am not looking at that big a weight loss. Just a few kgs.. But its an experiment , a harmless one at that..

My Lunch
Its been a week of subway every afternoon and my verdict is although I dont feel any slimmer, I definitely feel healthier.

3 comments:

  1. Hey well said! I share same feelings being a vegetarian. But I've always loved Thai n chinese vegetarian food. I must tell u there's a place called Fortune Tower next to Krishna Temple at Bugis and this whole complex is filled with Chinese veggie stalls! Its too addictive.. try for urself!
    And on Subway, I agree with you again. Saw one of my frnz who lost lots n lots of pounds n almost unrecognizable, all thanks to Subway diet! kudos!
    Alas, I cant have 2 subway meals in 2 consecutive days :(
    Bon appétit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eat healthy and key word is E X E R C I S E ! These are the mantras to loose weight....rest all is just a hogwash... trust me... being a weight conscious person myself and who follows a strict regimen of physical exercise...i believe i can vouch that healthy eating and exercising is the right way to living.....no amount of claims made by weight reducing programmes,ads, can refute this claim of mine...this much i can guarantee... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an mantra which always I follow ....... Die eating not.......Dieting :)))))

    ReplyDelete