Saturday, February 26, 2011

✿ A hair curling Saga..

Once in a while everyone needs to be pampered. It was my day to be the Princess of the day. For every good deed done, I reward myself with small or big treats. A self motivation technique. After all hard work will be rewarded, as the saying goes.

Occasion? I faired well in my French exam , all the more reason to treat myself. So off I went to the the ladies haven -the Beauty Salon. Its been 3 odd months of stepping into a parlour , shame to the womenkind! Its time for fun and frolicking so I decided to spice up things a little bit( backfired ). Having decided to get some bouncy wild curls and finally change my hairdo I sat on the high chair, more like an electric chair which was to be proved true later.

Once bitten twice shy. But I dont seem to understand the meaning of it at all. Way back I had burnt my hair trying to colour it burgundy ( for the 5-6th time the very same month).. And this time I had made up my mind to let all the chemical reactions take place in my tiny little head. Whats the worse that could happen?


Ken , my hair dresser started working on my tresses cutting them layer by layer . I had never permed before so was blissfully unaware as what to expect. After a lot of smelly creams being smeared on my head, finally it was time for rollers to be fixed. After an hour of curling and fixing ,Ken came with an octopus like machine which had wires all over it, just like the tentacles.  The tentacles were attached to each of my rollers till I ended up looking like an alien from outerspace! The machine was then plugged into the electric socket...!













 A first timer, so I shut my trap letting Ken, the expert do what he does the best. The day before was a sleepless night , for I studied almost all night long. My eyes started feeling heavy at this point on. Also the rollers started getting hot! Sleep and horror trying to take over each other simultaneously. I could see smoke rising up from my hair! My brain sends the signal to stay awake yet eyes are closing on their own accord. ..

I had a few thoughts running through my hot, manhandled , fuming (literally) head.

1 > My hair might catch fire . So what next? Ha! Be positive maybe I can try on few wigs!

2> Be prepared for the worst . So when theres fire whats the first thing we do?Extinguish by pouring water !

3> Water is a good conductor of electricity!! So I could electrocute myself!!!

An hour of trauma, sitting under the octopus without any mishaps.. And for what? To look good for the man who calls himself my soulmate. Ah! Love can make you do stupid things!  After 3 hours it was finally time to remove the rollers . Oh boy! Was I excited!! I was praying with all my heart that I turn out to be a face from one of those magazines! But alas! Its just not meant to be..


 Optimistically speaking  - maybe I wont have to use comb anymore..

3 comments:

  1. I think change is good and u hair look amazing... u r dare devil :)))))) go on

    ReplyDelete
  2. xperimentation on the hair ...anjali u have a big heart to do it. when i read i thought it will be curls but the result was not that curly..but everythng suits u so keep trying more hair styles ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of that song.... " SHes got the LOOK! " ... double thumbsUP! nice hairstyle ..suits you babe!

    ReplyDelete