Monday, February 3, 2014

40 Days Juice Fasting - Day 9

An uneventful day. 

Today I tried the Cabbage juice for the first time. It does taste raw and weird, especially without sugar or salt. But I improvised it by squeezing one whole lemon. It tasted better and more importantly was filling and healthy!

I stocked up my kitchen with fresh batch of greens and veggies today. Come to think of it, my expenses are way low now compared to a non-fasting day. No lavish meals, no outing. A week of juicing cost me only 30$ a week! Cheap and healthy. 

I still have a long way to go. Another 31 days. On the bright side, I have not felt fatigue, weakness of any kind yet. I must give credit to a year and a half detox bathing routine. I have the same energy(or more) I would have on any normal day. I did get a zit on my face which is unusual. My skin though feels supple and nice. More importantly I feel good about myself. I feel good about my will power, my determination.

Long day tomorrow. More to come.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear and new veg every day..... You are on great invention..........Cabbage is a highly nutritional vegetable that can be put through your juicer to achieve juice with great healing powers. Juicing cabbage has a number of health benefits that have been documented over many years. Green cabbage contains a number of minerals and vitamins including potassium, sulphur, chlorine, iodine, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and 'vitamin U'.While cabbage is usually a food that is more than cringe-worthy, it's not without its benefits. It's well-known as an anti-inflammatory and a source of lactic acid, making it a common, natural treatment for gastritis and intestinal afflictions. It also has a reputation for fighting the good fight against cancer and heart disease. The medicinal uses of cabbage can be traced by to ancient times, when the Romans and Egyptians used to drink cabbage juice before meals to prevent intoxication. While there's no guarantee that particular preventative works, it's long been known to settle digestion problems and help heal ulcers. So, we're going to take a look at an easy way to keep your refrigerator stocked with this healthy juice.

    ReplyDelete