Wednesday, February 19, 2014

40 Days Juice Fasting - Day 25

Spinach – 100gm - 23 calories
Stink Beans – 100gm – 2 calories
Ginger - 1 inch - 2 calories
2 Lemons - 17 claories(each)

Why would anyone want to eat something often referred to as "stinky bean"? Well, the beans themselves are not particularly stinky at all. But once you eat them, you will begin to notice things. The effect on your breath will be more worrying.

Petai/ Stink beans are a powerhouse of healthy nutrients. Like other beans it is a useful source of protein. In comparison apples, petai has got protein Four times more, carbohydrates over double the amount, 3 times the phosphorus, 5 times the vitamin A and also iron, and two times as many vitamins along with other minerals.

Leafy greens are very light in calories. And that’s is why I love Spinach! Spinach is also important due to its chlorophyll content, and also supplies an abundance of nutrients such as oxalic acid, which is beneficial in the cleansing and healing of the intestinal tract.

All said and done, I wouldn’t recommend this combination for juicing… I hated it! I can tolerate anything that is least tasteful as long as it is healthy. But I guess I did finally find something I truly cannot tolerate. STINK BEANS! I sure won’t be trying it again.Even after adding lemon I could smell and taste the stink beans. The smell is just overpowering. 

Drinking juice on an empty stomach allows the vitamins and minerals in the juice to go straight to your bloodstream. Having fiber or a meal already in your stomach prevents your body from quickly absorbing the nutrients from the juice. Especially weird tasting veggies have more nutrients! And that is why I drank it without any qualms. But never again!

Yet, am satisfied. Because juicing is MY vitamin pill!

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea how you are able to drink this juice,Seeing the picture itself almost feel like :). But stink beans is powerhouse of healthy nutrients. They have been proven to aid in everything from lowering blood pressure to relieving stress and warding off heartburn.

    ReplyDelete