Saturday, February 15, 2014

40 Days Juice Fasting - Day 21

I am half way there!

Yesterday was the 20th day of my juice fasting. I celebrated by buying myself a JUICER! I was using a blender for juicing all these days. A blender is useful but I have to separate pulp from the juice that gets a little tedious. A juicer separates pulp from the juice by default.

I used the juicer today and found that it was so easy. Yet again I used the pulp in water and sieved more juice from it. I feel the pulp still contains some amount of juice in it, which goes wasted if thrown straight away! And I for one would not waste the nutritious juice by throwing it away!

I juiced 2 beetroots first. Then I juiced an inch of ginger and 2 Zucchinis with a cup of Kale and Mint leaves. I realized that juicing green leaves doesnot extract much juice. Hence, I extract juice again by sieving the pulp.

You can see the juice extracted out in the image. I squeezed out more juice out of the pulp and filled half a bottle with the juice. I am satisfied with the results! A great investment indeed! It cost me only $69 and I know I won’t regret!

And so, I have decided that even when the fast ends I shall use the juicer everyday and juicing will be a routine no matter what. 

1 comment:

  1. Your energy levels throughout the day are based largely on what food you eat.
    You adopted an healthy habit and grown stronger each day in mental, emotional, and physical.
    You have set an example and you show those around you that you've invested in yourself time and time again to reach a level of excellence.

    ReplyDelete