Thursday, February 13, 2014

40 Days Juice Fasting - Day 19

Today marks, officially, 19 days since I decided to go on a juice fast. I’d like to say it’s been a wild ride, but honestly? This was one of the easiest and most successful diets I’ve ever done. It’s a perfect way to cleanse, something to “reboot” my system.

I am 5'4 and weighed 130 pounds. I love food so much. It's an addiction. I might not be obese, but I am not slim either. I looked fat although the weighing scale didn’t think so. It was all water weight which made me look pudgier. As of today, I have lost 3.5 kgs(7.7 lbs). My clothes fit better, I’m wearing my black outfit, I haven’t worn in years. My weight loss is not that significant, as I don’t have much to lose. Yet, the overall appearance has certainly changed. My face is glowing, my eyes gleam and the double chin has just disappeared.

Day time at work, I drink at least 2 liters of Honey dew, Papaya, Soursop etc juices. After I come back home, I make 2 litres of mixed-green juice( only green veggies like lettuce, spinach, celery, mint leaves, watercress, parsley etc with 1 inch ginger and 2 spoonful of apple cider vinegar and sometimes lemon) and drink it all before I fall asleep.

Do I crave for food? Sometimes I do. But a glass of juice is so filling. Yet, the taste buds crave for something spicy or salty. At times like that, I lick off a spoon of tomato ketchup or chilli sauce. And oh boy! Do I feel better!


My friends are quite surprised that they have not seen my energy levels go down. I am still a hyperactive person not showing even a sign of fatigue. Where I get the energy from, I may never know. Sometimes, I feel it is about having the right attitude. As long as you stay positive, nothing can stop us from achieving the goal!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the hard work and changing your life! I salute your dedication.It is not an easy thing to slim down and keep the weight off. You have to have motivation, self-discipline and will power to do it. You did and that's a wonderful accomplishment. I find that when I allow myself a little it triggers my appetite for the things I shouldn't be eating much of and tends to sabotage my efforts. Seeing your dedication, makes me want to get back on the program and give dieting another try.I am on it and let's see how far it takes.

    ReplyDelete