Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Survey on Facebook.

Social Media. Do I need to say anything? Everyone knows and is a part of it.Several people use it for several reasons. Friends, Marketing and so on.. And thats what I want to know. The reasons that keeps them hooked and addicted to it. If you ask 5 different people  probably you will get 5 different answers. So I set out with this project to find out why people are on Facebook. The ones who are not on FB are practically non-existent on the face of earth- like me. Whenever I am asked for my FB username and when I reply that I dont have any, you must see the expressions on the peoples face! I am an outcast! And only because I belong to no community in FB!

Here is the result of my 2 days long survey (75 Facebook Users)

Question: What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say "FACEBOOK" ? Answer in 1 word only.
Answers:
    Friends
    Technology
    Home
    Revolution
    Updates
    Social Media
    connection
    gossip
    Timepass
    Waste of Time         (not 1 word yet received a lot as answer so including it...)
    Michael Zuckerber  (  ? ) founder..
    Stalk!
    Notification
    Trace
    Photographs
    Information
    Spy
    games
    profile

Sometimes surveys like this can be an eye-opener. The kind of answer people come up with! Its simply amazing. Theres so much creativity and imagination and people dont even know it! Of course you can judge a person by the answer he gives too. A psychological twist there. A serious kinda person answers- Technology, a career- oriented person would say - connection etc..

All said and done, am I now going to be a part of FB you ask? Not in the near future..

1 comment:

  1. Will wait for you to come to FB.. I will have an survey whether you will join FB in the year of 2011 or not :)

    ReplyDelete