Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Blame Game








I didn't do it. He/She/They did it!  
- In short the blame game.We do it at home, at work , between friends, colleagues or even couples. Even when you ask a child why he didnt drink his milk, he will say the cat drank it. Blame the family cat! What about me you say?  Am no saint, believe me! I have my share of wrong-doings and blaming the next person I can find.. Hopefully this blog is making the better person out of me  :)

I have categorized it into 4 according to my views and perceptions:

Egoistic blamers:
Mostly people donot want to own up to their mistakes because of their mighty ego. They just donot want to be on the wrong side even when they know they are. Even when they know the sky is blue and it is the universal truth, they will argue that its anything BUT blue. It can be harmful in the long run. Sometimes to portray yourself as a perfectionist you end up doing just the opposite.

Pathological blamers:
They blame for nothing.. They just look for people to blame . Lose your job? Blame that you are jinxed . Lost your gold watch , because saw your face first thing in the morning...etc etc..

Insecure Blamers:
This usually happens at work place. You blame other team members or department for the failure or slow perfomance of a project. Look for a scape goat. This is usually because noone wants to be seen as an incapable or inefficient employee for the risk of being shown the exit door.

Harmless Blamers:
Speaks for itself. No description required. Late to class? Blame the traffic or the bus driver who arrived late and drove slowly all thew way! Having a tough day? Blame God :)

If you can think of any more categories of Blamers please add on to my list.

The lousiest and lamest blame-lines I have ever heard:

1. I have lost weight because of you! (heard this between a couple)
2. You dint get a job because you dint pray to God and go to church regularly! ( Really?? My heart goes out to you my friend - you know who you are and you are reading this ☻ )
3. Oh! My luck is so bad, since I married you.. ( hahaha a classy one...)
4. You got a baby girl because you didnot pray to God with pure heart ( Another real person I know - Pathological blaming).

Point a Finger at someone and 4 will point you back.. I heard this as a little girl... So true. Hope this will be a lesson for me to mend my ways too :)

2 comments:

  1. a great research...nd a lesson to all those who point nd blame others.

    ReplyDelete