Saturday, October 30, 2010

Shanker Mahadevan -The musical maestro..

            This weekend was an amazing one. Last night was a funfilled, lively musical night!We went to the music-concert after work so we had no camera. I-phone was the only means to click few pics ..

            Accompanying Mr.Mahadevan were Mahalaxmi Iyer and Karthik, an upcoming artist...The crowd was overwhelming..Indians in immense number.. Felt like I was back in India for a moment..5,000 Indians in a huge hall!
            An awesome experience being up-close to such a personality...I danced away to glory like theres no tomorrow, clapped till my  hands were swollen (no exagerration there)....Had a great time! All said and done I would say it was a great show ....BUT.. not as good as Sonu Nigam concert (Jan 3,2010) ..

           Now a little bit about the man himself.. Started the concert with a Ganpati mantra..!! An ordinary personality, no air of arrogance,so down to earth.. The only thing that makes him stand out is the silky ,sultry voice! The first few minutes of the concert I was in a trance..He was with hs family, his wife Sangeetha ,and his son Siddharth sitting with the audience on the third row..Later Sidharth sang 'The Earth Song', by Late Michael Jacskson(May his soul rest in peace). A tall young teenager with long curls and an accent suggesting he must be studying abroad.Very much unlike his dad who has typical Tamilian looks...
           The band was amazing, particularly the guitarist.. I was overjoyed and fascinated at the same time.The crowd just went wild when Mr.Mahadevan started his jugalbandi with the band..
           The concert ended with his trade-mark song 'Breathless' and Sabse aage honge hindustani. The after effect of this music concert ???Am still humming his songs...Just cant get it outta my head..

         

3 comments:

  1. He is my fave tooooooo..... amazing lucky u.. i didn't attended his concert till now which is pending.... he is so down to earth ,this years Music ka Muquabla show he is the winner and he had his alll the skills thorwn out on that show.....amazing.... I will wait for his concert in Bangalore soon.....

    Good i am seeing some one very very intrested now in Music... :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed it for sure since he's my fav too.. And 5000 sounds a big number but I dont understand why you said it was not as great as Sonu's show! Sigh!!

    ReplyDelete