Monday, June 17, 2013

Detox baths (Home Spa)– My healing secrets revealed! – PART 14


 MINT BATH- Rejuvenating, invigorating, aromatherpeutic

Mint (Pudina) - 500gm- $2
Bay leaves – 100gm - $1

   (You can either use a blend of the above herbs or add peppermint, rosemary, thyme or any herb of your choice depending on the availability.)

Soak Time: 30- 40 MIN
(once a week)
My Rating : ★★★★✩

When it comes to an at home spa experience, I don't hold back. If you are looking for a spa experience that leaves your skin with a pleasant tingle and an overall splash of moisture then you must try the mint bath.


What is sometimes overlooked is the astounding cleansing and soothing properties of fresh mint and how easily it can be used to make your own refreshing bath. Mint is cooling, refreshing, and astringent to the skin. It is also very cleansing, and great for a putting in a bath on a hot, sunny summer day.

The oils of the mint leaves are antiviral, antibacterial, and antiseptic. Using mint to liven up the bath is a great way to clear mind and senses, refreshing the body all over and making you feel and smell clean. Mint makes me feel and smell refreshed and clean all over! It soothes muscle aches and pains.

Mint transforms a pleasurable bath experience into a heavenly one. This delicious, invigorating bath helps me relieve stress, mental and physical tiredness, clearing the conscience and improve breathing. Mint Bath also instantly restores the senses and leaves the skin lightly perfumed.


Whenever I am feeling a little under the weather this bath lifts my spirits and help to clear my sinus passages.  Bay leaves are just what I need. With the invigorating properties of bay I am left feeling fresh, renewed and in tip-top shape. The sweet subtle aroma of bay leaf is a natural mood enhancer and when combined with the soothing and softening qualities of Mint, the skin will be left blissfully happy.

How to take a Mint bath


Toss the bundle of mint and bay leaves in a pot and bring to a boil. Let it steep for 10 minutes. Fill the tub with hot water and let the herbs steep in the tub until the water is cool enough for bathing about 20 to 40 minutes depending on the heat of your water.  The water will turn a deep greenish yellow. This bath also makes a great hair rinse! My hair feels healthier, shinier and bouncier every time I take a mint bath. And I come out smelling like a pack of bubblegum too! YUM!

Whether it’s making a good day even better or curbing the bad one, my Mint Bath is just what I need to take my day up a notch. So I grab that book I’ve been wanting to read and head straight to the tub, maybe light a candle or two along the way. I feel refreshed, refocused and re-inspired.. Ready to face the world head on! 

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful it is to end a spa day with your skin feeling so soft and moisturized, and your whole body and mind relaxed from soreness and stress. To some, relaxation can come from a very nice bath or a cup of tea in the middle of a busy day. But there are those who want to do it big time and really take effort on pampering their body. Thank you for sharing your detox secret! It's nice to know how people treat themselves this way from time to time. :)
    Lilia @ LaFleur de Beaute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lilia! Every girl deserves a little bit of pampering and self indulgence :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best With Our Skin & Hair Care And Hair Dressing At Our Beauty Salon In Indiranagar, Bangalore
    Bangalore is always booming with lots of new places with activities for people of all ages. Searching for the best spa in the east of bangalore

    ReplyDelete