Monday, March 25, 2013

Detox baths (Home Spa)– My healing secrets revealed! – PART 1




I was worn out. Physically and mentally... 

In the past year, I had a lot going on in my life, which resulted in an alarming hair loss and stress. I started bloating and drastically ageing. I had to do something before things got bad to worse...I took matter into my hands and started reading about how toxins can build up in your body over time and cause a myriad of uncomfortable symptoms. For some reason this struck a chord in me…and I decided to give a DETOXIFICATION BATH a try! 

All you need is a bath tub and a bunch of natural products to help you relax in a nice warm bath for 20 minutes and you emerge out of the tub like a diva! Sometimes I like to prolong the bath until the hot water is tepid. I like to read a good book or watch a movie on my laptop while in tub to shoo the boredom away. Relaxing and entertaining!

If you are feeling lethargic, a Detox Bath is a great way to help your body get rid of toxins and ease some of these symptoms. The detox bath is definitely part of my daily rituals. My complexion was clearing up. This can't be, too soon, psychological only, I thought again. But in a week somebody noticed it and said something like 'nice complexion'. Hmm, so my eyes are not fooling me after all. Still I'm not expecting miracles from this but I know I will do it for life. Months later now I feel a renewed vitality, energy and positive mood. I am sleeping much better and my complexion is glowing! Everybody should practice this. It's the simplest and most natural way to stay fit and healthy. Specially if your life is a roller coaster theres’ no better way than this to revive your spirits and feel good about yourself!

Why detox bath?

Toxins and chemicals are all around us, from our drinking water, processed food, to our health and beauty products, to the materials used to build and furnish our homes! They are unavoidable. There are of course certain things we can do to cut back on the amount of toxins. Eating organically and using natural cleaning, laundry, health and beauty products, are just a few!

Aside from the fact that I just love baths(am a bath person), detox baths are both beneficial physically and spiritually. Detox baths are supposed to help the body release toxins by sweating them out. (I have a water retention problem, hence the bloating.) Because you sweat, you will lose some water weight, but the main reason to use them is to get those nasty toxins out of your body. Also Detox Baths are wonderfully healing in several ways, and are very easy to do at home!

Most detox bath recipes I found in researching this topic contained different combinations of the same basic ingredients. There are a few baths I like to alternate when I am feeling tense, exhausted or run down. Here are a few detox baths I use on a regular basis. Click on below links for details!

•         FRENCH CELTIC SEA SALT BATH - Rejuvenating, Cleansing, Detoxing




          Daifonai Herbal bath




               OATMEAL BATH - Moisturizing, natural cleanser






 These detox baths make me sweat like a pig helping me draw out all toxins and maintain(lose) weight too!

 The best part? It’s so cheap, natural and readily available in the market and your spice rack at home!

I am of the ilk that slow and steady changes lead to the most lasting results.  Detoxifying baths every single day can be a small ritual that can add tons of vitality to your life! It has certainly made me a more positive, happier and energetic person ready to face the world head on!

No comments:

Post a Comment