Sunday, October 16, 2011

Must watch Sitcoms of all times!



What's the best way to de-stress? Well, watch a comedy show! Nothing like a funny sitcom to crack me up after a long day's work!These are my picks from the mighty ocean of "Funny Sitcoms".


Bewitched- This 60's sitcom has been my all time favourite. The plot of this fantasy themed sitcom is set around Samantha the witch married to a human trying to live a " normal" life .Absolutely Magical! The first season was actually in Black and white! Another confession- Elizabeth Montgomery is the only actress I have truly admired . ( Its always the male actors who attract my attention ahem!)






Friends - The list is incomplete without mentioning this one! Who hasn't watched this sitcom?  Even after the sitcom ended the reruns never ceased to broadcast. Even after watching it a zillion times( you bet! ) and memorizing the punch lines this sitcom still puts a smile on my face.



Seinfeld- This show is practically about nothing. Just 4 friends with their weird idiosyncracies. Kramer being my favourite!




7th Heaven - A family drama. Not belonging to the comedy genre this one has a special place in my heart. Watched this one a couple of years ago while in Singapore ( unemployed days) .Young  Jessica Beal looked so angelic( unlike herself) and the whole cast has a certain unexplainable charm. A complete family must watch! All the little ones grew up to be married and have kids in the sitcom!


Everybody loves Raymond : This one kept me in stitches..For obvious reasons...




The Big Bang Theory - A nerdy comedy show, yet hilarious and entertaining.









Wonder years - A classic comedy drama. You have to see it for yourself!








Frasier - Once again a sitcom with witty one liners.I must confess as a teenager I quite didn't understand the humor, but now find it amusing. A great cast, great performances. Most importantly love the dog!








How I met your mother - A brilliant comedy show which needs no mention yet again! Barnie, I so love you!










My wife and kids - The Kyle family and their outstanding comedy! Wayans stole my heart!










My name is Earl - The Karma themed sitcom is just so hilarious!








The Nanny - A girly show! Story revolves around the widower and his 3 kids and ofcourse the Nanny!









I Dream of jeannie - My personal favourite. Another classic magic- themed sitcom. Captain Nelson- droooool!






Now that the television focus has shifted more towards reality shows it's time to watch the sitcoms from the past!

In my to watch-list:
The Addams Family
That 70's show
Hot in Cleaveland
King of Queens
Outsourced
Hope & Faith and more...

 Escape from the serious crap called 'life'! Watch a Sitcom and smile away your miseries!

2 comments:

  1. Love'em all. Few more that I grew up watch on various channels. I'm sure there are many more I've forgotten.


    3rd Rock from the Sun (Talk about situation comedy)
    Dharma & Greg (I wish they aired a few more seasons)
    Fresh prince of Bel-Air (Will smith's first act)
    Small Wonder
    M A S H (My first introduction to american english)
    Desperate Housewives (Yes!!)
    30 Rock (This certainly rocked)
    Simpsons (unbelievable u didn't have this one)
    Curb Your Enthusiasm(hated it at first, but so addicted to it now)
    Whose line is it anyways! (Not sure if you classify it as SITCOM, but I just remembered this one)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ya! How could I forget. Not a fan of MASH though. The rest belong in my list! Thank you for adding them :). Also to add
    Two and a half men
    Full House
    Cheers

    Am surprised u like Desperate housewives though!

    ReplyDelete