Saturday, April 9, 2011

French French French!

Have you ever wondered why French words are used by us in our daily life? Right from havin ' Cafe'  early morning - there ! I used a french word already! The English language borrows several such words. A list which would not fit in here.. So why do we do it? Why use French, Spanish, Italian languages? Why not Polish, Thai or Danish? Thats because French language for example oozes grace, elegance and class! 

Sure, it might be chic and classy.Definitely would look good on a resume under language skills.  Yet very challenging.Its funny how you enjoy a hobby which gives pleasure yet when hobby becomes a compulsion it becomes stressful . I love to learn this god spoken language(at least I think so, God must speak French :) ) but its been stressful to learn the grammar and not to mention the accent! 

A hardcore fan of the FRIENDS series, I stumbled upon this video of the sitcom where Joey , tries to learn French.I laugh till I fall out of my chair everytime I watch it!!

 I wonder how I must sound to my French professor who is a native French speaker... )

Now here's another funny video of how a French man tries learn the English language. This clip is from the movie -  The Pink Panther, a hilarious movie and a must watch!

So learning a language is not that simple. Mastering any language be it Kannada, Hindi or any foreign language is an achievement in itself!

 ENJOY the videos while I go back to my French text books  and try not to be like Joey..

1 comment: